Friday, April 05, 2019

THE END: The Eternal State



Read Revelation 22.

I love the old hymn, “The Unclouded Day.”

1 O they tell me of a home far beyond the skies,
O they tell me of a home far away;
O they tell me of a home where no storm clouds rise;
O they tell me of an uncloudy day.
Refrain:
O the land of cloudless day,
O the land of an uncloudy day.
O they tell me of a home where no storm-clouds rise,
O they tell me of an uncloudy day.
2 O they tell me of a home where my friends have gone,
O they tell me of that land far away,
Where the tree of life in eternal bloom
Sheds its fragrance through the uncloudy day. [Refrain]
3 O they tell me of a King in His beauty there,
And they tell me that mine eyes shall behold
Where He sits on the throne that is whiter than snow,
In the city that is made of gold. [Refrain]
4 O they tell me that He smiles on His children there,
And His smile drives their sorrows all away;
And they tell me that no tears ever come again,
In that lovely land of uncloudyday. [Refrain]

These songs grip my heart because there is that tug heavenward. For the child of God, that pull becomes irresistible, whether in death or the rapture, we will he heaven-bound.

Imagine a place where a clean, clear river of crystal water flows from the throne of God. Picture the tree of life, growing on that riverbank with its twelve different kinds of fruit. Visualize a place where ever vestige of the curse is removed. There is a rose garden—and the petals never fade and fall, and there are no thorns on the stem. The bees that buzz in and out can be taken in the hand and they won’t sting you.

There is Jesus in all His glory. We will worship Him, learn of Him and from Him.  “Then, He’ll take me by the hand, and lead me through the Promised Land. What a day, glorious day that will be!”

Where we spend eternity depends on what we do on earth. “God has given man a short time here upon earth, and yet upon this time eternity depends.” (Jeremy Taylor)  Jesus is coming soon. Be ready to meet Him!

No comments: