Thursday, April 25, 2013

BE ENCOURAGED AND BE AN ENCOURAGER


There are a lot of good people serving in our churches that are struggling.  They are just ground down.  I want to be someone to encourage them--a lifter of leaders!

We need to be people who are putting courage into people, rather than sucking it out!  AND I WANT TO PRACTICE WHAT I PREACH!  All of us get weary in the work, but let us not grow weary of the work.  We may not always get it perfect, but we can surely make progress!  Remember, that the bottom line is about loving God and loving people.  Let us ask ourselves, “Am I applying 1 Cor.13 prayerfully and persistently?”  

Thanks for your efforts and may each of us embrace our responsibility to be a load lifter today--and especially of those in leadership who are on the front lines and under the hottest fire!  For our church volunteers, may we inspire rather than tire, so they don’t just retire. J  With that in mind, here is a neat link if you haven’t had a chance to read it.

Please let me know what you think of these ideas.


"Out in the highways and byways of life,
  Many are weary and sad;
Carry the sunshine where darkness is rife,
  Making the sorrowing glad.
Make me a blessing, make me a blessing,
Out of my life may Jesus shine;
Make me a blessing, O Savior, I pray,
  Make me a blessing to someone today."

Great song!  Do you know it?  That’s what I want to be.

Grace and Peace,
Dennis

No comments: