Wednesday, July 09, 2014

THE CONSECRATION OF OUR SERVICE


 
And He said to them, “Why did you seek Me? Did you not know that I must be about My Father’s business?”   (Luke 2:49) 
 
There was a Divine mandatesomething compelled Jesusa pressure, a passion within to get to work for His Father.  He was not yet a teenager, yet keenly aware that this was a service He must do.  I MUST be about My Fathers business (emphasis added).  There was complete consecration to the service of the Lord.
 
Years ago, I worked for a company called, Bolt and Nuts, Inc.  I was employed by my neighbor who owned the company, John McDuffieor Mac as he was called.  It was a family business and he would pass it down to his three children, Larry, Jo and John (my close friend).  Mr. Mac is now gone on to glory and the family fame and fortune is bound to the faithfulness of the children in carrying on the business.
 
Jesus knew that the Fathers business had been entrusted to Him as His Son.  This same business has now been handed over to His childrento you and to me.  Before He departed back to heaven, here was Christs command to the church: So Jesus said to them again, ‘Peace to you! As the Father has sent Me, I also send you.’”  (John 20:21).
 
We have the same businesswe are dealers in hopeand are to manage the business as good stewards until Christ returns for an accounting.  When the books are opened, what will the ledger of our life reveal about the profitability of our labor?

 

No comments: