· It would be a message of good news to the poor, “Because He has anointed Me To preach the gospel to the poor.” None are so low the Gospel cannot reach them.
· It would be a message of healing for the grieving, “He has sent Me to heal the brokenhearted.” None are so brokenhearted that the Word cannot mend them.
· It would be a message that brought light to the blind, “And recovery of sight to the blind.” None are so blind that God’s light cannot restore them.
And you shall count seven sabbaths of years for yourself, seven times seven years; and the time of the seven sabbaths of years shall be to you forty-nine years. Then you shall cause the trumpet of the Jubilee to sound on the tenth day of the seventh month; on the Day of Atonement you shall make the trumpet to sound throughout all your land. And you shall consecrate the fiftieth year, and proclaim liberty throughout all the land to all its inhabitants. It shall be a Jubilee for you; and each of you shall return to his possession, and each of you shall return to his family. That fiftieth year shall be a Jubilee to you; in it you shall neither sow nor reap what grows of its own accord, nor gather the grapes of your untended vine. For it is the Jubilee; it shall be holy to you; you shall eat its produce from the field.
In this Year of Jubilee, each of you shall return to his possession. And if you sell anything to your neighbor or buy from your neighbor’s hand, you shall not oppress one another. According to the number of years after the Jubilee you shall buy from your neighbor, and according to the number of years of crops he shall sell to you. According to the multitude of years you shall increase its price, and according to the fewer number of years you shall diminish its price; for he sells to you according to the number of the years of the crops. Therefore you shall not oppress one another, but you shall fear your God; for I am the Lord your God. (Christ said His message was, “To proclaim the acceptable year of the LORD.” Jesus is our Jubilee—the fulfillment in His New Covenant what was prefigured under the Old Covenant.
· Some of these wicked opponents were the skeptical, “So all bore witness to Him, and marveled at the gracious words which proceeded out of His mouth. And they said, ‘Is this not Joseph’s son?’ ” (
· There are also the hateful.