Monday, December 02, 2019

I AM THE DOOR



“Then Jesus said to them again, ‘Most assuredly, I say to you, I am the door of the sheep.’” (John‬ ‭10:7‬‬)

They called us the Jesus People. In the late 1960’s and early 70’s, a number of hippies were turning off to drugs and turning on to Jesus.  A lot of these former flower children became evangelists, missionaries, and pastors.  I was one.

A popular expression of the time was an index finger pointing skyward and declaring “One Way.”  I had a patch that proclaimed that on the back pocket of my bell-bottom jeans.

That message, whether expressed by a teen in jeans or a pastor in a suit is still true. There is but one door into eternal life and Jesus is that Door.  Jesus Himself declared that here.  This week we will dig deeper into that claim of Christ.

No comments: