Friday, December 20, 2019

ULTIMATE FREEDOM



“Jesus said to her, “I am the resurrection and the life. He who believes in Me, though he may die, he shall live.

Now when He had said these things, He cried with a loud voice, “Lazarus, come forth!” And he who had died came out bound hand and foot with graveclothes, and his face was wrapped with a cloth. Jesus said to them, “Loose him, and let him go.””
‭‭John‬ ‭11:25, 43-44‬ ‭NKJV‬‬

Lazarus still had a problem. He had been summoned from death, yet he was bound in his grave clothes. He shuffles to the doorway of the tomb and Jesus commands, “Loose him, and let him go.” (John 11:44).

This body can become a prison, as we long for freedom.  I have eternal life as Jesus has summoned me from the graveyard of sin and death. Yet, each day I struggle with these grave clothes. This old body I dwell in is still subject to the bondage of the curse. But, one day, I will break out and soar!

The late Dottie Rambo used to sing it this way:

The holy hills of Heaven call me
To mansions bright across the sea
Where loved ones wait and crowns are given
When the hills of home start calling me

This house of clay is but a prison
Bars of bone hold my soul
But the doors of clay are gonna burst wide open
When the angel sets my spirit free
I'll take my flight like a mighty eagle
When the hills of home start calling me

I see loved ones over yonder
Tears are gone and hearts are free
And from the throne of my Savior beckons
And the hills of home are calling me

This house of clay is but a prison
Bars of bone hold my soul
But the doors of clay are gonna burst wide open
When the angel sets my spirit free
I'll take my flight like a mighty eagle
When the hills of home start calling me
Calling me
 (You can listen on the link below)

Are you afraid of death?  The reality is that you are going to die and after this the judgment.  Listen: “God…now commands all men everywhere to repent, because He has appointed a day on which He will judge the world in righteousness by the Man whom He has ordained, He has given assurance of this to all by raising Him from the dead.” (Acts 17:30b-31)
https://youtu.be/jXrL-Z44KHc

No comments: